What does this social service do:
The Social Rehabilitation and Integration Center provides specialized services for children with different disabilities in terms of type and severity or developmental problems. The Center strives to facilitate the integration of children with disabilities by ensuring a multi-faceted intervention establishing social inclusion skills and developing children’s personal resources.
The work of the Center is targeted at:
- Children aged from 3 to 18 years having temporary or permanent health problems who have not been certified by an Expert Medical Committee.
- Children aged from 3 to 18 years certified by an Expert Medical Committee as having:
- Mild to moderate mental retardation;
- Sensory or motor disorders;
- Psychological and behavioral problems or developmental disorders;
- Speech disorders.
Services are delivered by a multidisciplinary team comprised of:
- rehabilitation therapist;
- social worker;
- speech therapist;
- specialized educationist.
Those specialists provide the following hourly services:
- rehabilitation therapy;
- Psychological support: providing assistance and support in emotional and cognitive development;
- Speech and Language therapy;
- Encouragement and support for every child’s social, emotional, educational and cultural development;
- Engaging children in team work to help them develop various social skills and in celebrations and other community events organized by the Center;
- Liaising with institutions relevant to the social integration of beneficiaries to whom the Center provides its services;
- Inclusion in various workshops depending on the child’s interests: art therapy, occupational therapy, etc.;
- Providing support to families taking care of a disabled child.
How to get access to the services:
Children and adolescents with disabilities can have access to the services of the Center based on referral issued by the Child Protection Department of the Social Assistance Directorate at the local municipality and after their parents have signed a contract with the service provider for the delivery of the requested service.